Thursday, March 01, 2007

USJ

During my time in Japan I never really had the desire to go to Universal Studios Japan or Tokyo Disneyland. The thought of lining up for ages, crowds and over priced meals and omiyage doesn't quite appeal to me.

So when Cheryl told me she was going to USJ with some teachers for the day, I thought it was the perfect excuse to go. Especially with Cheryl since she's the USJ pro.


Surprisingly I had a really good time. The Spiderman ride was awesome. It was AMAZING! I can't explain it, you just have to try it for yourself.





The Jurassic Park ride was pretty amusing too but I so wasn't ready for the plunge at the end. I didn't think it was going to be such a steep drop.
We also went on the ET ride, saw the Shrek show, Backdraft and the Back to the Future ride.


Jaws!

Cheryl had work and marking to do so I headed to Akashi to the Okonomiyaki Dojo to meet up with Lisa for dinner. Thanks babe - so good to see you again!

Lisa the okonomiyaki master

My okonomiyaki

2 Comments:

At 11:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a really random question, I know, but do you know of any Capoeira schools in Sannomiya.
I tried googling it again, and your blog came up.

Im a JET working in Ashiya, near Kobe, and Ive been trying to find out for about six months with no success.

I know that its unlikely, but if you have ANY information, I would deeply appreciate it.

Regards,

Facebook ID: Luke Leyow Nihon

 
At 1:26 pm, Blogger Christine said...

Hi Luke,

Sorry I don't know of any Capoeira schools in Sannomiya, only Osaka. I would try looking in the KTO (Kansai Time Out) magazine or get in touch with the Capoeira schools in Osaka and ask if they have any classes in Sannomiya or know of anyone who could help you out.
Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home