Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Chinese New Year cookies

An annual family tradition involves my mum, aunties and my grandma getting together to make their own Chinese New Year cookies.

I remember sitting around with my sister and cousins when we were little, helping them make these little treats - rolling peanut balls, brushing on egg glaze, filling pineapple tarts, folding little peanut puffs and banging out those white powdery cookies out of the moulds.

Now everyone has grown up, living and working elsewhere and looking after families of their own. I haven't done it for a while and it was fun to re-learn the skills (rather, my lack of!) and then sit back with a cup of tea while they cook in the oven and smell out the whole house.


Peanut puffs - can you spot the ones I made? hahaha




Peanut cookies straight out of the oven - hmmm buttery goodness

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home