Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Who's your papa?

Beard Papa's has opened up a store in Morley Galleria in Perth.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw an ad for it in the JA news (Japanese newspaper) and quickly emailed Cheryl about it. She was the one who first introduced me to their delicious shu kurimu (cream puffs) and heavenly chocolate fondants. The aroma of Beard Papa stores are intoxicating, especially the one at Tennoji train station. You just know when a Beard Papa store is around.

So Rui and I trekked up north of the river just for a box each.


They aren't as big as the ones in Japan and the puff shells weren't as soft, but the thick, creamy vanilla bean filling was just as tasty. Hopefully the fondants will be better when they start selling them. You just can't beat Japan.

5 Comments:

At 8:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think they have opened a similiar store concept here in Mel bourne...called Puffy. It's a cookie filled with custard the size of your fist. Wine and I were game enough to try one....it didn't go down quite so tasty but your Beard Papa's look yum!

 
At 5:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,

U may not know me but i 'discovered' your blog last month and love to read it esp your Japan adventurous life.

Beard papa also just opened its 1st store in Penang, Malaysia. So yummy!!

 
At 5:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,

U may not know me but i 'discovered' your blog last month and love to read it esp your Japan adventurous life.

Beard papa also just opened its 1st store in Penang, Malaysia. So yummy!!

 
At 5:48 pm, Blogger Christine said...

q - You guys are game for anything haha
lee lein - Hi! Thanks for leaving a comment. Yeah I heard they opened up stores in Malaysia too. Do you get the different cream fillings too? I was told the stores in Asia actually import the 'pastry' dough from Japan but the Oz ones make their own.

nami - Where was Cozy Corners, Kansai or Kanto? The have a few flavours here but not everything. I totally agree with you on that one, the pastries and desserts in Japan were truly a delicious artform.

 
At 11:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Christine,

I am not too sure whether the cream fillings is get imported from Japan. But, it's very delicious.

I will be visiting Tokyo in mid-Jan, will definitely try it if found the Beard papa there. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home