Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Puff Pastry: my new best friend

I missed having an oven when I was living in Japan. So now I've been making up for loss time with puff pastry. It's just so easy to use and yummy.

Here are some treats I've whipped up.

Spinach, sun-dried tomato and cottage cheese (it was next to the ricotta and on sale) pastry squares. Healthy too!


I still miss Japan a lot and craving for St. Marks chocolate croissants (chococro) doesn't help. So I decided to see if I could make my own by wrapping a piece of puff pastry around a slab of Cadbury chocolate and topping it with crushed peanuts (I didn't have almonds). It tasted okay straight out of the oven but they don't keep very well or taste too good when they cool down. I must find out that secret pastry recipe.


I'm a big fan of chevups; the skinless sausage. A BBQ without the chilli beef ones just isn't a BBQ. So I decided to wrap it up with chesse and sun-dried tomatoes. Nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home