Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Got me some wheels

I finally got car. Hooray!

It's a second-hand, silver, 5 door hatch - easy to park and easier to drive. Yep, I copped out and got an automatic. After having driven manual ever since I got my licence, I decided to be slack and auto is just so much easier. One can do many more things whilst driving - applying lipgloss, eating a burger, looking at a road map, having a drink...all safely done ofcourse.

The only problem is that I don't have enough control and power to take off quickly at a set of lights. That and my left arm and leg seem to be getting bored.

3 Comments:

At 11:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your car! I used to munch on my burger en route to work on saturdays while steering my wheels. That is until I moved to Singapore. Hee..

Have fun with the car and post more pics! :)

 
At 7:17 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's too bad you didn't ship a car from Japan back to Australia. I knew an Aussie on the JET Programme who did this when her Japanese friends and associates unloaded their still very nice cars due to rising shakken rates. She made quite the tidy chunk of change shipping cars back to Australia and selling them there.

 
At 12:36 pm, Blogger Christine said...

mt - Hey thanks! But have to start paying it back, eeks! I guess it's much easier to get around Singapore though, right? The MRT is just so convenient.

kevin - Yeah, a few mates did that and I had thought about it but in the end I didn't think it was worth it for me (ie. having it under my name for a least a year, paying for a parking space..etc and I didn't even drive while I was over there). Yeah, you can make a nice profit I've heard, thanks for dropping by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home