Friday, July 07, 2006

Ever so grateful

Today's lunch was cold noodles - hiyashi chuuka. This little restaurant's version was amazing.



Tonight the English teachers held a farwell party for me. It was at the top of a building near the JR Sannomiya station, west exit and had an awesome view of the city. It was nice to see the city gradually light up when it became dark.

The food was traditional Japanese izakaya style and I had such a nice night talking to the teachers I have been teaching with since I've been in Japan. I had to do an impromptu speech and I could feel tears building up when I did the toast.

I've been really lucky to have such a great bunch of teachers to work with and to help me out whenever I needed a hand at school or at home.






3 Comments:

At 6:24 pm, Blogger adriene said...

farewell, farewell, and all the best to more adventures in future :)

 
At 1:03 am, Blogger Trev said...

That Thorpedo drink is so funny!!

 
At 10:49 am, Blogger Christine said...

adiene - Thank you! All the best for you too. Hope Tokyo is providing you with many misadventures!

superb - Trev, you should try it! I'm a better person because of it haha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home