Sunday, June 04, 2006

Nara and Spa World

The next two weeks were jam-packed full of eating out, eating way too much, shopping, spending too much, sight seeing, late nights, early mornings, lack of sleep, laughter, girly gossip and fun filled adventures of the random kind.
The girls crashed at my place and Sue Yen also stayed over whenever she could for our girly sleep over nights. I would have to wake up early and head to work while the girls slept in and headed out later. Then Sue Yen would leave the girls when she had to start work. Then after work I would try to meet up with Christina and Meng Yen and we'd wait for Sue Yen to finish work, meet up and have dinner then head home to my place and stay up talking, catching up and admire shopping spoils. I would always have to crash early so I could wake up for work the next day. It was a tiring and taxing schedule but it was so good and fun to spend as much time with the girls while they were here.
On Sunday, after my famous bacon and eggs (okay, not so famous) we headed to Nara's Todaiji Temple to see the great big Buddha statue, play with deer and get enlightened.
On the bus to the temple


I have a photo of this same gong with me, Gareth and Michael when we were 15 years old.


Christina getting enlightened

Me getting enlightened


Meng Yen getting englightened

Green tea soft serves

Then we took the girls to Spa World to get cultured with the way of onsen. It was the Asian themed floor for females this month. Must go back again to try the European themed floor.



In our pink mu mu's having dinner

2 Comments:

At 3:03 pm, Blogger L&D said...

Wow, looks like a great time. Very cool pics. I really enjoyed reading your blog.

 
At 6:05 pm, Blogger Christine said...

darla - Thanks! I never leave home without my beloved camera, even though I look like a tourist.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home