Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The morning after

All the teachers and students the next day were so sleepy. I guess everyone stayed up to watch the big game.

When Australia's baseball team beat Japan's baseball team during the Olympics, many teachers and students came up to me and said things like,
"Australia beat Japan!"
"So sad."
"Is baseball popular in Australia?"
"Australia win baseball!"

So I was interested to see what comments would come up.

When I got to school, I found a green paper bag on my desk. I picked it up and found a note underneath it.



So cute! The bag contained blueberry rusk bread from a famous Japanese bakery. I didn't have the heart to tell my adopted-japanese-father-sensei that it was actually Australia that won.

Apparently my other Australian JET mates get that alot too. For example, during a friend's conversation class they went around the table naming Australian actors they knew.

Nicole Kidman.
Mel Gibson.
Hugh Jackman.
Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Classic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home