Tuesday, May 16, 2006

A spoonful of randomness helps reality go down

When Leigh, Alison, Marissa and I were in that turkish restaurant the other weekend, we were enjoying our food with turkish(?) music playing in the background. I didn't pay much attention to the music except that it added to the authentic atmosphere.

However, somewhere in between my lahmacun (turkish pizza) and hummus dip, the music did make me sit up. Actually, it made all of us raise our eyebrows. They were playing the Mortal Kombat theme song. What the? Don't get me wrong, I love Mortal Kombat and even have the cassingle of it (ancient, I know) but it was just so random and hilarious. Then it went back to the normal turkish music as if it was the most normal turkish restaurant mega mix CD ever made.

Flawless victory

2 Comments:

At 4:59 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just want to say i like your blog, a lot. always looking forward to read yours and your sis' blog! one day i MUST go to Tokyo. have a nice day!!

 
At 10:22 pm, Blogger Christine said...

missnobody - Thanks! Yeah, Tokyo is definitely a must, but don't forget Kyoto too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home