Friday, May 26, 2006

Dining out

I met up with Katie for dinner in Tarumi for the first time on Thursday night.

We both live in Tarumi but have never met up or bumped into each other in Tarumi, even though we shop at the same places and are always using the JR line.

Thanks for meeting up sweets! I had a lovely evening and it was great to catch up, especially hearing your unsavoury train encounters and adventures.

Friday night dinner was in Sanno with the English teachers. It was a little welcome dinner for the 3 new English teachers.


Pumpkin, sweet potato and apple gratin

Cold sake with 'service'


After that I headed to Starbucks to meet up with the Awaji girls and bumped into Sam, Miwako and Chris. The West Japan recontracting conference was held that week so the gaijins were out in full force. We headed to Second Chance for the Drunk Dragon deal - all you can drink. It was good to see some familiar faces and have a bit of a dance but it reminded me of some cliche American frat house party. I was well and truly ready to go home by 11pm.

1 Comments:

At 11:50 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a friend who lives in the same neighbourhood and take the same train route everyday in Singapore. For 2 long years, I never bumped into her ;)

Isn't it amazing? Haha...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home