Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Cheeky Punks

1st Years
I was doing a 'Directions' lesson and the worksheet required them to listen to my instructions and using the map, write down where I was.

For the next part, they had to write me instructions on how to get from the Train Station to the Fish Market, using the vocabulary and useful expressions we learnt before.

This was what I got from one of the boys. So cheeky yet so funny.



At least his spelling is correct.

2nd Years
They were doing self introductions speeches and had to memorize 9 sentences which included their name, age, address, occupation, hobbies and so on. The last point was "I chose to be in the English Oral Communication class because..."

Most kids had things like "...I want to live in a foreign country." "...I want to speak English well." "...I want to travel abroad." "...English is useful for my future." "...I like English."

One of the boys got up and delivered his self intro confidently, from memory and with a clear, loud voice. Then he got to the last point.

"I chose to be in the English Oral Communication class because..."
(He looks up to me with a cheeky grin and all his mates are saying "Do it! Do it!")
"...because...because...because I like Eng..Chris."
(The class erupts into laughter and his mates think he's a hero)

He's also the same boy that looked up 'Chris' in his electronic dictionary. It came up with 'Christopher' and 'Christine'. So he asked me what it meant and I told him that 'Chris' is short for a boys name and a girls name. Alas, now he calls me 'Christopher'.

3rd Years
One of my boys (the guy that said to Brendon, "You, look like me!" and the Winter holiday report that ended with "and you said...nothing.") has learnt how to wink. He constantly winks at me during class and when I see him around the school. It was pretty funny at first and I just laugh and shake my head, but it does get annoying when I'm trying to teach the class and he's just sitting, staring and constantly winking at me with a cheeky grin on his face, trying to make me crack up in front of the class.

After school one day, he was sitting in the staffroom with his homeroom teacher talking about his future and after graduation plans (kind of like an interview with the students to see if they're doing okay). I walked behind them to get to the ice machine and when I looked up to see who the teacher was interviewing, he winked at me right in front of his homeroom teacher. I shot back with a "Pay attention!" look.

3 Comments:

At 10:50 am, Blogger Lisa Scott said...

hehe. you have a diehard fan Christine! Glad to hear that you and Katie finally made it out too!
Lisa.xx

 
At 1:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha chris sensei stop flirting with your students!!! and you said i was bad

 
At 11:03 pm, Blogger Christine said...

Lisa - Hey babe! Gotta catch up before we all head home!

Rui - At least mine are legal Didn't you teach at a Junior High School? hahaha

Pam - A good idea indeed, if you're wearing heels! See you real soon! Take care

xox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home