Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter

Easter is not really celebrated over here in Japan. Most people have never even heard of it. You won't get the Easter eggs, Easter Bunny decorations and hot cross buns in the stores. Luckily I brought back some Easter eggs from my recent visit home so I could show them to my students.

I met up with Sue Yen and went to Kobe Bible Fellowship Church in Sanners. They hold two services each Sunday (11am and 4pm) but we opted for the morning service as Sue Yen had shodo (Japanese calligraphy) class in the arvo. It was a nice, little congregation with the service held in English and Japanese - good listening practise. The sermon also reminded me that there is a bigger picture to life. Sometimes I get so caught up with my own selfish worries right in front of me that I forget to appreciate and see the bigger picture.

Then we went to 'Tooth Tooth' on the International Building rooftop for our Easter lunch. The weather was beautiful and it was a perfect, relaxed Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home