Saturday, April 15, 2006

Hanami in Himeji

Today I headed to Himeji to do some more cherry blossom viewing.
The weather was cold and rainy but it was my last chance to see them before the wind blew all their petals off. I also went to Subway but it wasn't as good as I had expected. I like being able to choose my own bread AND fillings AND sauces.
Despite the rain there were many people armed with umbrellas walking around the castle's park admiring the sakura.


The stream is coated in petals
Petals were everywhere. Light pink confetti floating through the air, dusting the ground and smothering the streams.

'Mankai' means 'full bloom' - in true hanami etiquette it is common to hear sakura viewers exclaim the following; "sugoi!" (amazing! wow!), "mankai desu ne" (the sakura are really in full bloom aren't they?), "kirei na" (beautiful).


Sakura and raindrops









"Kireii na"


Himeji Castle's moat


That white swan was freakin' huge!

Look! A black swan! (for all you Perthies)

And that blurry white blob to the left is a freakin' hugen mutant koi fish! It could probably feed a family of four and still have leftovers for the next day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home