Sunday, March 19, 2006

And so begins my trip...

It's hard to believe that I've spent most of my savings and leave to travel back home for weddings (what am I stoopid?!) but there are just some things that you've got to do, and I would not have missed Marina's wedding for anything.

I've known Marina since primary school and I couldn't wait to see her looking gorgeous in her wedding dress and getting married. You just can't put a price on things like that.

Unfortunately I just missed out on the hen's night by a few hours. While I was on the plane, I heard the girls had a great time day spa-ing, dining at Fraisers and then having a barrel of laughs at Collars & Cuffs. So wished I could have been there but I was given a full recount by Marina herself, including the private lapdance by the Vin Diesel look-a-like dressed up in commando gear - "Umm I'm not very good with buttons" hahaha

I touched down early Sunday morning and went straight to bed. Then it was to a BBQ at South Perth foreshore in a beautiful 35 degrees. It was good to catch up with familiar faces, not to mention catching up with my long lost friend, lamb!

Oh lamb, how I've missed you

There was a wedding happening further down the shore and they had a horse drawn carriage! It was a perfect day to go surfcatting but I didn't bring my bathers. Boo.



Then it was off to my sister's place for my nephew's 1st birthday party. Sean is so big now and Callum is a cheeky, little boy who I can have random conversations with.


"Oh my goodness! Look at you! You're so big now, come here and give Aunty Christine a hug!"
As soon as those words came out of my mouth I thought.. Oh dear, I'm going to be one of those dreaded aunts!







It was really good to see my family again.

2 Comments:

At 12:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh boy..! you sure look like your sister..!! have fun.. while you are home.. ;)

 
At 10:46 am, Blogger Christine said...

mama bok - Thanks! It was good to be home for a bit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home