Friday, February 17, 2006

Misery loves Shopping

Why am I feeling like crap and writing a blog post at 9am in the morning on a Friday at school?

Because all the teachers are in some meeting and I have to stay awake until they come back and I have to genki-up in time for my classes. That and also going out last night. Yep, I have only myself to blame. Going out twice on a school night this week? Is there no stopping me?

I met up with Clay for dinner because he wasn’t able to make it to my birthday dinner last Saturday. He had kung-fu on so by the time we met up in Akashi it was already 9pm. We decided to head into Sanners for some sushi. Great place. Then we headed to Chey’s for a drink. In my case, two. Yes, on a weeknight. Yes, I’m Cadburys. Needless to say, I was red, sleepy and got home about 1am. Thanks for hanging out matey, it was fun. I always enjoy good conversation with good company. Next time we’ll shoot some pool.



As you can imagine I woke up this morning not feeling my best. I love you, snooze button. Surprisingly I got changed pretty quickly and then faced the dilemma of making a hot, filling and nutritious breakfast or settling for a cup of tea while doing my makeup so I wouldn’t look one bit like how I felt.

Breakfast ended up being Oshiroko - the hot, sweet, red bean can drink from the vending machine on my way to school. I love you, hot, sweet, red bean can drink.

It was a lot warmer this morning – the sun was actually shining through the clouds. I love you, sun. I walked by this old couple. The old man was pushing (I’m assuming his wife), the old lady in a wheelchair and they were holding hands. They smiled as I said ‘Ohayo gozaimasu’ and did a little head bow thing. They looked so sweet. Then I passed a mother piggybacking her baby. Japanese babies are so cute and as I smiled at this little boy, he started smiling, gapped teeth and all, and I felt better already. If only I could capture that genuine heart-melting smile and that overwhelming warm fuzzy feeling, bottle it and release it all over the world. Now wouldn’t that be a nice place to live in?

Okay I digress. I get to the bus stop and out of all the days, FOUR of my students are waiting for the bus too. There we were, just standing around waiting for the bus while I finished my hot beverage. If I could have split myself into two, I would have sent my other half over the road with my camera and taken a photo of us. It would have made a great cover picture if I were to ever release a CD. But then again, I digress.

The bus ride didn’t help my tummy ache. I don’t seem to get headaches the mornings after, just an angry, upset stomach. The only headache I get is from the logical, responsible, I-told-you-so side of my brain going, “You’ve got only yourself to blame. I told you so. What’s done is done so quit complaining and suck it up b*tch.” It’s that side of my brain that makes the other side want to break down and cry.

I get off the bus and buy a coke from another conveniently placed vending machine. I love you, conveniently placed vending machine. I walk into the staffroom and Teacher-that-sits-next-to-me-sensei looks amused and says, “What’s with the coke this morning?” I tell him and he just laughs at me. But then again, I do just the same to him when he rocks up to work nursing a hangover. He says miso soup is his hangover cure.

So that’s my story and I’m so glad it’s Friday and payday was yesterday. I think I’ll be heading into Sanners tonight for some retail therapy. I love you, Sanners.

4 Comments:

At 3:01 pm, Blogger catty said...

hahaha.. you are one funny girl...

 
At 6:33 pm, Blogger Christine said...

Hey cat! I'm glad that my unfortunate circumstances can be found amusing by others, perhaps even educational.

In true Constable Care form,

"Don't let my suffering and pain, Go unheard and in vain.
Don't be a fool, stay in school, don't drink on a weeknight and you'll be cool."

 
At 5:14 am, Blogger markymark2099 said...

Sounds like you had a great day, regardless of the night before. Always bring your camera around....sometimes you just never know where or when great shots can be found!

 
At 9:24 am, Blogger Christine said...

markymark - hey! Yeah, Fridays are always good. I usually always do bring my camera around but am still working on the whole 'splitting myself into two' part. Any luck? =P Hope it's not too hot on the east side.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home