Thursday, February 23, 2006

How to deal

Lately I've been feeling kind of restless.

I want to get out. I want to explore. I want to not have to think about what it's going to be like when I leave Japan. I can see the boat of uncertainty on the horizon and in a few months, I'll be on it.

Recently it's hit me pretty hard that I will be leaving Japan and I have mixed feelings about it. Did I make the right decision? What's going to happen when I return home? Should I have re-contracted for my third and final year? Am I ready to leave? I'm already thinking about all the things that I'm going to miss about this country and my life here.

After school I headed into Sanners to pay off my plane tickets and travel insurance for my soon approaching, third time, very brief return to Perth. (Random outburst: Everybody please stop getting married! I mean it. I love you all but why? Oh why? must you all get engaged or hitched when I'm living so far away. You had plenty of time when I was in Perth, or at least wait till I get back. Selfish, I know but damn my bank account and annual leave has been sucked dry.)

Considering that by the time I got home, thought about what I was going to have for dinner, cook it then wash up, I decided to stay out and headed to Hikari for dinner. Hisashiburi. It's been ages since I've been there and it was nice to catch up with Mayasa and his father. I found out that his younger brother Shuhei, is now a proud father of a baby girl! Omedetou!

"The last time you were here, the news was he got married. Now tonight you find out he's a father. Maybe next time you come in, he'll be a grandfather!"

He poured me a complimentary glass of French champagne with cassis and we toasted to Shuhei and our respective birthdays last month. Needles to say, the champage went straight to my head and 'asian fire' struck again.

I had the cabonara and it was very rich and creamy. I usually prefer tomato-based sauces but it was still quite tasty.



My phone was running out of batteries so it wouldn't let me use the flash option, hence the dark photo

How do I deal? By getting out.

2 Comments:

At 4:57 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry I GUARANTEE you no marriage plans for me on the horizon :)

 
At 11:11 am, Blogger Christine said...

I can always count on you Q!

xox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home