Tuesday, January 24, 2006

One year older, one year wiser...

...let's hope so.

So I'm officially 24 years old now, and what's new? I still feel the same but I've had an amazing past year - lot's of learning and new experiences. I'm still short and look 16 years old, so I think the growing has been mostly on the inside.

Thanks to all of you for your thoughtful emails, messages, voicemail (Loreen from London en route to Perth via Singapore - that message was classic! Hope you have a good holiday back home) and keitai mails.

School was normal, just felt like any other school day. Though one of my teachers remembered and told the students in one of my classes and they all clapped for me. One boy even dug into his pocket and gave me a snoopy chocolate. *Awww*

I also had my adult english night class after school so I went to Reve Chef and bought some cakes to share. Reve Chef is a famous cake shop in Kobe and it's desserts are amazing. Not only their presentation but the variety and tastes are always an indulgent experience. Though their prices make it only a 'special occasion' experience.

I hadn't told them it was my birthday but one of them remembered somehow and had organised a beautiful Reve Chef fruit sponge cake with candles and everything! When they suddenly turned off the lights, revealed the candle lit cake and started singing Happy Birthday, I couldn't help but tear. Japan has made me so emotional. I was so touched. Then I revealed the cakes I had brought and we stuffed ourselves silly.



It had been a long day and I finally got home at 9pm. At 9.10pm the doorbell rang. It was the delivery guy. At 9.10 in the evening - you bet. As soon as I opened the door and saw the big box, I knew it was flowers from Brendon. He had sent me red roses before when I had the chicken pox. I couldn't stop smiling. Even if it was just to the delivery guy and then to myself in my apartment.

Thanks babe, you made my day. I love them! Even though we're so far from each other you still manage to put that goofy smile on my face. Thank you. xoxox

10 Comments:

At 6:37 am, Blogger markymark2099 said...

Happy Birthday!! Don't you just love it when you get surprises? I like reading your blog because teaching in Japan was something I was going to do and its always great to read about people's experiences. It's Aussie day over here today, maybe you can have a theme or something in class!! Take care!

 
At 9:28 am, Blogger chookie said...

Happy Birthday christine :) Hope you have a great 24th year !

 
At 5:22 pm, Blogger Paul said...

Happy belated birthday! Hope you had a good one. And...I guess Happy New Year too! Ha-ha.

 
At 6:48 pm, Blogger Ilene.Ree said...

Yo Christine.. happy belated bday.. glad u had a good time. =D take care!

 
At 7:02 pm, Blogger catty said...

oops another happy belated birthday! hehehe.. the cake sounds yummmm *drool*

 
At 1:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Habby Berday!

Don't worry I know how it feels to be small and look younger than my real age. Indeed sometimes it's a blessing in disguise (hehehe). Yet getting asked if i'm in year 10 isn't cool.

Happy Australia day...hopefully you had your own mini-celebration with koala/kangaroo plushies and waving mini-Aussie flags.

PEACE!

 
At 9:15 am, Blogger Lisa Scott said...

Happy Birthday Christine!!!!! You don't look sixteen, you look beautiful!
God, that cake looks good. I'll have to get directions of you for Reve(and all those fab restaurants you go to) some time soon!

Luv Lisa.xxx

 
At 11:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey christine!Belated B'day wishes!

 
At 1:06 pm, Blogger Loreen said...

Hey Babe! Returning to London tomorrow. Can't believe my trip is over but had a great time catching up with everyone, saw Felicia & Sarah last night (Tues) and Jez last Sat.

Hope you had a wonderful birthday - that was probably the spack-iest voicemail I have ever left in my life. Can't wait until we are all back in the same one city again.

 
At 9:30 pm, Blogger Christine said...

d - Thanks for dropping by. My life is actually quite normal, it's only Japan that spices it up.

markymark - I LOVE surprises! But only when they're good surprises. I hope that one day you do come over to Japan and get to experience it for yourself. You'll love it!

kae - Heya! Thanks and hope work is getting better. Chin up!

paul - Thanks matey, hope you have a great CNY too back in Singapore.

rene - Thanks for your birthday wishes!

Cat - Yes that cake was just what I needed and oh-so-tasty.

Mish - Good to hear from you. Yeah it has its pro's and con's. But just think of it this way, when we're like 50, we'll only look 25!! haha all the best with uni.

Lisa - Thanks babe! Until our next booty-shaking adventure. Hope to see you again soon!

chickenbutt - Thank you for your birthday wishes!

Loreen - So jealous! Wish I could have been there to hang out with you guys again. When will that time come? Perhaps Jez's wedding hehe Hope you have a safe flight back.

Thanks for all your birthday wishes and comments - they are all very much appreciated!!

Much love
xox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home