Monday, January 09, 2006

The holiday is over

I'm so glad today is a public holiday.

I'm always so grateful for public holidays but even moreso for today. I have swollen, red eyes and I don't think I'd be very productive at work.

I don't know how I got through the day or what I did exactly but it probably involved more laundry, ironing, cleaning, vacumming, reading and so on.

Soon it was evening and I met up with Sue Yen, Larry and Ian (Sue Yen's neighbour) for dinner at Porto Bazar so they could see the rainbow lights of Akashi Bridge. We went to Gaylords and I had a very nice rogan josh with nan. Then I took them to Malibu, a nice little funky cafe/bar, for dessert. We had the rare cheese cake and cherry pie.



I was so emotionally raw but I guess being around friends is what I need most. Actually, Brendon is what I need most. But to get back into the swing of things of my usual life in Japan, being with friends is the perfect remedy.


4 Comments:

At 1:54 pm, Blogger catty said...

your sad posts make me sad too! at least you have moments of extreme happiness to out weigh the sadness. some people only have sad all the time. take care christine!

 
At 3:59 pm, Blogger Felice said...

Hello christine, i am just a passerby and i chanced upon your blog from your sister karen cheng's blog.

Your blog is such a joy to read! i've been interested to go on the JET programme too (from Singapore) and have sent out enquiries regarding the programme. Reading your blog is a real eye-opener!

I hope you dont mind me reading. :)

 
At 8:17 pm, Blogger Christine said...

cat - Thanks sweets! Also thanks for the Christmas email too - hope you had a lovely Christmas and smashing New Years. What I would give for some of that Sydney sun right now. Take care.

felice - Thank you! I'm glad to know that my random rantings are a 'joy to read'. I have a mate from Singapore who is currently on JET in Hyogo too. She said there weren't that many Singaporeans sent over in our year but she managed to score a place. Thanks for dropping by.

 
At 9:32 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think the pain you go thru with the separation and long distance is what makes the relationship even more precious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home