Thursday, October 06, 2005

Aching muscles

Monday morning after Shikoku was torture.

My body was completely shattered. I couldn't get up out of bed and had to literally roll out of bed. Every step up the hill reminded me how much I had worked my leg muscles. My neck and shoulders were so stiff. Luckily I only had one class. Looking back, I still don't know how I got through the day.

After school I decided to try the massage place near the station that Claire had recommended. A full body massage for 30 minutes was just under 2,000 yen. When I got there it was quite busy with the next available time being about a 1 1/2 hour wait. But I was so sore I had to take it and just went shopping to pass the time. When I returned I was greeted by a young, quite good looking guy who said he was going to be my masseur. Now I've had plenty of massages before, even in other countries but this was my first time having a guy do it.

Claire had told me that she had a fairly older guy, probably the boss, give her the massage and it was weird having a guy massage her ass. So I felt even more weird having this young, quite good looking guy massage my ass! But he seemed more like a physiotherapist, asking where I was sore and stretching me afterwards. In our own bad Japanese/English combination we chatted and he told me he had been to Australia 4 times before. I've already convinced Cheryl to come next time and I think a monthly visit to this place is just what I need.

Sports Day
I felt tired just from watching the students compete.

I remember being quite bored last year so this year I packed my books with the intent of catching up on my Japanese study. But this year I had fun taking photos and chatting with the teachers and students. I guess it hit home again that I've been here for a year now. Last year I was still getting to know the teachers, students and my new life in Japan.

This year I knew exactly what was going on. I caught the train to Akashi, picked up a mocha at Starbucks and drank it on the way to Akashi Park Stadium. I soaked up the sun while chatting to my teachers, laughed with my students and took more photos of the students who are in my classes. The bento lunches were exactly the same (and just as delicious) as last year's and before I knew it, the day was over and my study books never left my bag.


Post a Comment

<< Home