Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Eeeks!

It was traumatic.

Don't call me over-dramatic because this has seriously made me grade-A paranoid!
I found a cockroach in my bathroom *shudder* just the thought of it makes me squirm.

Now, I can usually handle other insects but cockroaches just freak me out. They never use to when I was little but now they're as distressing as having a bad-hair/skin day.

When I first moved in I cleaned my place from top to bottom. I bought all the fancy schmancy cleaning products, brushes, sprays, insect killers and rubber gloves and cleaned away. Like all places there are bugs and insects everywhere outside and I've seen my fair share of ugly, flying cockroaches. But this is the FIRST time I've seen one IN my place!

Luckily I was standing near the cupboard where I keep the spray, so I slowly reached for it and sprayed the intruder, which then decided to fly towards my direction! EEEKS! That's when I lost it and actually screamed out aloud to no one who could help me anyways. It flew into the shower so I closed the door and fumigated it through the vent. Eventually when I got the guts to open the shower door again (very slowly mind you) I found the uninvited guest, dead. Hmm, now there's a thought.

I'm thinking it could have come through the shower exhaust fan and now I'm paranoid about taking a shower. My shower, once a place of refuge of cleanliness and bubbles, my favourite relaxing spot has now been tarnished. That would have to be the worst - to be having a shower or bath; naked, defenceless, vunerable, not within reach of a weapon of any kind and stuck in a small room with one.

Cockroaches, univited guests - they're all the same. Oh and I hate mosquitos too.

1 Comments:

At 2:56 pm, Blogger Scarlett said...

Hehe... yeah I battled all manner of creepy crawlies in the Pilbara with no problem, but when it comes to cockroaches I HAVE to kill them. Geckos, frogs, other insects, I'm quite happy to share my humble abode with.. but cockroaches MUST DIE!! Dirty things.

Chase after it with a newspaper, hehe maybe then it will be more scared of you than you are of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home