Saturday, August 06, 2005

On the go

I arrived in Perth on a fresh, crisp, cool Winter morning.

It was a beautiful sight flying in with the sky still dark and all the lights of Perth twinkling away. Perth never looked so breathtaking and welcoming. The two Singaporean women sitting next to me were part of a tour group visiting Perth for the first time and they were as mesmorized as me looking out the window.

As soon as I stepped off the plane I knew I should have packed more clothes. I ended up only bringing back 2 pairs of jeans and a few tops (hardly Winter-wearable). Ah well I guess I'll just have to buy some clothes back here, seeing that I lugged back 27kgs of stuff back home (29kgs - after I did my airport shopping).

Brendon picked me up from the airport (with his nice new look hehe) and our plans for a big gourmet breakfast were scrapped after my Singapore eating-I'm-so-greedy-fest. But after a nap, it was straight to dim sum goodness.

That night was Poe and Frances' engagement party at The Royal Bar in East Perth. The both of them were beaming! I was so happy to be able to attend and help celebrate at least one of the engagements. I was so bummed that I missed out on the other 4. Congratulations to all of you guys! Although I'm still trying to get my head around all the talk about engagements, wedding dates, beautiful rings, fiances, eyes filled with joy, glowing smiles, how-did-he-propose? and the shock of it all, I'm so happy and super excited for all of them that they've decided to take the next big step in their relationships together *sigh* just gets me all teary when I think about it. Happy tears, that is.

It was so good to see everyone again and catch up with those I haven't seen for ages, especially the sneaky Quyen and Matt who flew in from Melbourne! Nice work. By the way I LOVE the apartment and am so impressed with what you've done to it - all that hard work really paid off aye.


Hmmm...Dim Sum

Brendon, Frances, Poe and me

With the girls


The sneaky Quyen & Matt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home