Monday, August 01, 2005

'Long Distance Relationship' is a dirty word(s)

LDRs sucks. Full stop. Period. Big time. *meltdown* (haha I love that shirt!)

I've officially been playing the game for 1 year now. Many people ask "How do you do it?" and I really don't know. I believe LDRs are unfair on both parties and puts the relationship on hold. It's in stagnate mode. I guess you can't dwell on it for too long or it'll eat you up, consume you and break you. I know of way-too-many LDRs which haven't worked out but on the otherhand I do know of a few which have worked and give us fellow LDRers, a glimmer of hope.

I remember being at a party not long after I first arrived in Japan and we were all talking about LDRs. 3 people in the room had come to Japan and attempted the LDR but alas, none had worked. "But don't worry, it doesn't mean you're destined for the same fate. It could work...er..I guess," one guy said, trying to sound reassuring. hahaha

I don't recommend a LDR to anyone. But I do believe they can work. I think, or would like to believe, that if you can get through one, then it'll only make your relationship stronger and improve your communication skills. It requires oodles of communication, barrels of patience and buckets of persistence (it also helps if the foundation has been firmly set.) Both parties just need to be committed to the core. And for that I am thankful for Brendon.

"If it doesn't kill you, then it can only make you stronger" - that's what they say, right?

4 Comments:

At 12:14 pm, Blogger g said...

well, uhmmmm yeah,make you or break you. i also think its, challenging and rewarding for people who can put up with the rollercoaster ride and tortorous emotional hype.;p

 
At 12:39 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good post... thanks.

Jon
my site: average iq

 
At 10:24 pm, Blogger chookie said...

hey babe :) thanks for that little post! those words come in handy for my preparation next year :)

 
At 12:08 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeh, ldr's are Shit . good luck with urs .. u guys will b right =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home