Sunday, August 07, 2005

Let the eating begin

Sunday was busy catching up with family and friends.

Went to Church in the morning and it was so good to see all the familiar, smiling faces. All the kids are so tall now (I was so ripped off in the growth spurt division) and seeing the kids that I used to look after, all grown up.

It was also the first time I saw Sean, my new nephew. He is the cutest little thing with big round eyes and always chomping away and sucking on his fingers. And Callum just cracks me up! He can talk and says random things and strings hillarious sentences together, though most of the time I can't make out what he's saying. I don't think he remembered me at all, except that I look a bit like mummy. But he did remember Brendon because of his motorbike.

Met the girls for coffee and spent ages just talking and catching up with everyone. Although I usually know what's been going on with all of them through emails and what not, it was so good to be able to hear it from them in person. Hear their voices, their laughs and just those random things you can only get when you're actually with someone.

The schedule of my trip back was determined by what I wanted to eat. So first up we had a family dinner because I wanted Peking duck. It was so tasty having all my favourite chinese restuarant dishes again. Peking duck with the soup and san choy paos, Japanese tofu with minced chicked on a hotplate with an egg, kaylan with garlic, salt & pepper & chilli pork spare ribs, steamed fish...oishii!

@ Tea Merchant

Peking Duck

Callum showing me his food

Mum, Callum & Sean

2 Comments:

At 9:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures of Perth eateries - I haven't been to some of these places in ages (natsukashii) and to be honest, I didn't even know some of these places existed! Makes me a bit homesick : ( glad you had a good time though - everyone looked so happy to see you! Hana

 
At 9:47 pm, Blogger Christine said...

Thanks Hana!
Yeah, it's always good to be back home. But don't worry, there are heaps of nice places for us to try out in Sanners.
Hope to catch up with you soon.
xox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home