Thursday, July 14, 2005

Welcome dinner

We had an informal Welcome dinner for Niboshi-sensei tonight.

Just a few English teachers headed into Sanners for a very tasty dinner. Niboshi-sensei is a new Engligh teacher, only a year older than me I think and she lived in Perth for awhile when she was younger because both her parents were Japanese teachers north of the river. Small world!

She's really nice and sweet. Recently she got a new haircut and one of my students said all the boys in her class now think she's cute. Her English is really good too.

I was also able to catch up with Maetsubo-sensei. I taught with her last year but she's now on a kind of study leave back at university studying psychology. She still cracks me up - it's always a barrel of laughs with her, with or without a few drinks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home