Thursday, May 19, 2005

Long lunches

Yes, I do work and Yes, I've been super uber busy!

Now that the students are on exams I had hoped to catch up on my Japanese study, lesson plans and reading (Dan.Brown.Fan-sensei just gave me another book to borrow - 'Deception Point').

But alas, all has not gone according to plan, but then again when does it ever? Damn you Murphy and that law of yours! I've been really busy doing all sorts of random things so it wasn't so much of a normal exam break for me. However, exam time means nice, loooooong lunches. Yee-har!

One day I went out with another English-sensei and we always eat heaps and I get so full (I had remembered to wear my 'you-can-eat-heaps-pants) and I always have to try not to fall asleep for the rest of the day. It was a traditional Japanese style lunch of grilled mackeral, variety of mountain vegetables, miso soup, rice and cold tofu with a bit of ginger and soy.

Another day I was invited by 2 Japanese-senseis to a Chinese restaurant. One of them is mystery writer-sensei and he recently bought a new car and wanted to take us for a drive. We had the lunch course and the food just kept piling up! I felt a bit bad because our lunch ended up being about 2 and a half hours long but it was oh-so-good! Fried rice, sweet & sour pork stir fry, honey prawns, deep fried squid, kung po chicken - everything! And surprisingly I missed the taste of chinese tea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home