Tuesday, March 08, 2005

"Life in Australia"

That was the title of my presentation I did today.

I was asked to do a talk about 'Life in Australia' to the 1st years in the gym. I prepared a speech and my ESS club members translated it into Japanese. I'd been busy preparing my slideshow presentation with colourful photos, maps, animation and what not. I wanted to make it interesting and interactive. I don't want to be the boring, mono-tone lecturer with bad breath and greasy unwashed hair. You don't want to be that guy - that guy sucks.

It was fun. I had samples of vegemite and asked for volunteers to try them. One of the sports teachers also tried them. While the students pulled faces and said in Japanese "Salty!!" the sports teachers said "Hmm delicious" and took another helping.

Ofcourse they were rewarded with Caramello Koalas and Freddo Frogs.

And on the side: I'm so craving a Mrs. Macs steak and mushroom pie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home