Thursday, December 30, 2004

Another year going by

I was surprised that once December 26th hit, all the Christmas wreaths around disappeared.

So just to make it feel that little bit more like back home, I'm going to keep my Christmas decorations up till new years...or as long as I can't be bothered taking them down.

It always amuses me that no matter which country you're in during Christmas, you will ALWAYS hear WHAM's 'Last Christmas' and Mariah Carey's Christmas album. I also head some really bad versions of 'Ruldoph the red-nosed reindeer' and 'I saw Mummy kissing Santa Claus.' *cringe*

Thanks to everyone for your lovely Christmas wishes, messages, cards and packages! I love getting mail, not the bills, but letters, postcards or packages!

Thanks girls for the delectable Dior lip gloss, handmade funkified tank top, red Sista polo, hot Esprit summer top and cute pink lace Esprit shorts, which aren't in the photo because I was wearing them when taking the shot. Love 'em all and made my Christmas feel more Christmassy.

I also whipped up this meal when I saw squid down at my local. A pack of 8 cute bulgy-eyed mini squids looking up at me. I just had to buy it. I decided to make a garlic chilli lemon squid dish - didn't taste too bad. Australian steaks were also on special so I decided to treat myself and fry up a nice piece of aussie beef with mushrooms, garlic mash and inspired by Jeff's Christmas dinner, broccoli and carrots with a cheese roux sauce. I also had a few apples to get rid of, so what did Betty Crocker decide to do? Apple crumble baby! That's right. Surprisingly it turned out rather tasty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home