Sunday, September 19, 2004

Wedding - Part Two

Went to church in the morning.

It was so good to get back into a sense of familiarity. I have grown up in the church since I was little so to me they are my extended family. We look out for each other and they've helped me grow into the person I am today. For that, I am ever so thankful and blessed.

After church we headed to my aunt's place for Ben & Joannes Tea Ceremony.
In chinese customs, back in the good ol' days, a Tea Ceremony would be performed to unite the couple. It's a significant ceremony to show that both families have given their blessing for the couple to be married.

So the couple have to serve tea to their parents and their families and in exchange, money, jewellery, gifts and words of wisdom are given. Then there is a lot of good food and you eat some more! It's all about eating, drinking and being merry!

That night, Ben and Joanne had a smaller dinner celebration just with close friends at Sandalford Winery. It was sooooo pretty! The food was amazing and it was a buffet too!!

All in all, it was a magical night! Good company, good food, good wine - what more could you ask for?





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home