Sunday, September 26, 2004

Sayonara Perth (again!)

After the wedding dinner, we headed to Clara's 21st birthday.
It was a 'Yobbo' theme - meaning flannels, thongs, beer guts, stubbies and short shorts! Since we came late most people had left so we didn't feel that bad rocking up in our full wedding dinner attire!

Sunday morning I went to church and spent time with my mates telling them about my funny adventures in Japan and let them try random Japanese chocolates and biscuits.
We then went back to Brendon's place and rode to Christina's place. I've always wanted to get my bike licence but have never got round to doing so..plus I think my Dad would kill me! He's not exactly happy about me being a passenger on Brendon's bike. But I love the feeling of the wind against my face, the speed and the adrenaline as you pick up.

My girlfriend Christina is about the same size as me but she is a tank! She got her licence in Melbourne and owns 'Sparky'. But the bikes are so heavy! I just don't know how I'd be able to ride one if I was to ever get one! Anyway we had a nice cruise around the river. It was a perfect way to spend the afternoon.

I then went back home to finish packing and went out for dinner with my family then headed to the airport. Some friends saw me off at the airport and I wasn't as bad I was last time. Ok so I got a little teary! I guess it hit me that this time I wasn't going to be coming back for a long, LONG time! This time I was able to say a proper goodbye to Brendon and I walked onto the plane looking like a wreck.

I thought I would be okay seeing that I had done it before, but it was a lot harder this time round.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home