Thursday, March 02, 2006

More shopping role plays

I finished marking all of my shopping role plays.

Here are some more delightful ones (scripts are exactly how they were written).

A: Hello. May I help you?
B: I’m looking for a snake and a mongoose. I want to make those fighting.
A: Wow! You are a strange girl! But there isn’t a snake here.
B: I’m shocked! Well…is there a mongoose?
A: Yes there is.
B: How much is this?
A: It’s 1000 yen.
B: I’ll take it.
A: Thank you.

Where in the world did they ever learn the word 'mongoose' from, sure beats me.

A: May I help you?
B: I’m looking for a girlfriend.
A: How about this person?
B: No! I want a pretty girl!
A: How about this person?
B: No, no! I want a girl who has a lot of money!
A: Please choose in these. [shows catalogue] This? This? [points] Hmm…
B: Ok! How much is this girl?
A: 5 yen, with tax.
B: It is very good!
A: Good luck.
B: Thank you! Bye!

They did great acting too.

1: May I help you?
2: I’m looking for many money.
1: Sorry, we don’t have it.
2: Why don’t you have it?
1: It is not an item. If you want it, you must work!
2: So I’m looking for a working.
1: I don’t know about yourself.
2: If you lost this working, what would you do?
1: I’ll be look for new working.
2: But, there is not it.
1: So, what can I do then.
2: You should be a bad person.
1: What do you mean?
2: If you don’t give me many money, you will die [proceeds to strangle the other student].

This was just plain random that I couldn't help but laugh. The teacher and I flashed confused 'what the heck?' looks at each other all the way through the perforamance.

You just can't make these kind of things up.

1 Comments:

At 3:10 pm, Blogger Christine said...

nami - Sorry no photos, I've only got it on VHS tape.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home