Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Memorial Day

Today our school held a memorial day for the Great Hanshin Earthquake.

We also had a group of about 20 students from Rossmoyne high school (from WA) visit too. They were on a school exchange and paired with Japanese students from high schools around the Kobe area. One of my second year students hosted a lovely and friendly girl, Jing Jing. I chatted to her in the staff room when the student exams were on and she also sat in two of my second year classes.

Chatting to her reminded me of what it was like to be 15 years old again and on a student exchange. I felt excited with natsukashii memories as she talked about going to karaoke, eating all the new foods, homestay, going shopping and what it's like to be exploring in a completely new country. I told her to make the most of her trip and who knows, maybe she'll come back again one day. Who knows, maybe it would change her life, just as it did mine.

Just like last year, the army people and tank rolled in and we cooked up some hot soup for lunch. It was very nice with chicken, veges, seasame and miso in it. With the weather being freakin' freezing, it was totemo tasty. Although I did burn my tongue and now it kills. *Damn my impatience and greediness*


Some of my second year students


Second year boys with Rossmoyne SHS students


Me & Jing Jing

Baseball boys

(The photo isn't that good but my beloved Nemo-san is on the very left - he's so cute!)

2 Comments:

At 3:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha yay for rossmoyne SHS! my my doesnt those blue uniforms bring back memories...guess some things dont change

 
At 6:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm starting Year 10 at Rossmoyne SHS! How coincidental.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home